October 2019 Version
Cookies are lines of text that act as data trails sent by a server (in this instance the server for the CREG website, hereafter the "Website") to a user's device when they access a web page; cookies are automatically stored by the user's browser and sent back to the server that generated them every time the user accesses the same web page. For example, cookies allow and/or facilitate access to certain web pages to improve the user's navigation, or allow the pages visited and other specific information, such as pages viewed most often, connection errors, etc. to be stored. Consequently, for users to enjoy a simplified, comprehensive use of the Website, they should configure their browsers to accept cookies.
We use the following cookies:
- Analytic/performance cookies: These collect information on the effectiveness of the Website's responses to user requests, with the sole aim of improving the Website's functionalities; for example, what pages are visited by the user, errors or delays in opening web pages, recognising and counting the number of visitors and seeing how visitors move around the Website as they are using it. In this context, CREG uses Google Analytics on its Website, a Web analysis service from Google Inc. ("Google"). According to Google's confidentiality policy, information about your use of the Website obtained through cookies is generally sent to a Google server based in the United States and stored there. In the context of activating the anonymisation of the Website's IP, Google shortens your IP address beforehand in the European Union Member States. Only in exceptional circumstances the full IP is sent to a Google server in the United States and shortened there. On CREG's orders, Google uses this information to evaluate your use of the Website, produce reports on Website activity and provide other services connected to the use of the Website and the Internet in relation to CREG. The IP address sent by your browser for Google Analytics is not cross-referenced with other Google data.
- Functionality cookies: These enable the Website to remember the choices made by the user and to recognise you when you return in order to provide a better service. They may for example be used to recognise your language preferences.
Social media cookies: CREG also uses Facebook Pixel, an analysis tool that allows us to measure the effectiveness of our advertisements for the CREG Scan on Facebook. Thanks to Facebook Pixel, we can better understand the behaviour of users on our site, offer them personalized advertising content on Facebook about the CREG Scan and thus optimize its use.
Data collected through such cookies is not sent to third parties, subject to what is stipulated above. Consequently, we can guarantee that this information will not be used for other purposes.
You can block cookies at any time by amending your browser settings.
However, please be aware that by disabling cookies, the use of certain applications such as CREG Scan and the Overview of the cheapest energy products is not possible.
Find out how to block cookies for the major browsers, using the links below:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042